In 1935, Dayton Power and Light employees started the DP&L Employees Federal Credit Union. The original assets of your Credit Union were $35 with each person depositing $5 into a share account. The office was a cash box in a desk drawer at 409 E. Monument and membership was limited to employees of DP&L and their immediate families.
Times have changed, but our mission and values have not. Today we are Incenta Federal Credit Union operating from offices located in Dayton, Aberdeen and Springfield.Return to Top
Incenta Federal Credit Union Timeline
April 17, 1935 – DP&L Employees FCU was formed
1935 – First location was opened in the Gas and Electric Building, 25 N. Main St., Dayton, OH.
1976 – Main branch relocated to 409 E. Monument Ave, Dayton, OH.
1982 – Dayton Office moved to 2300 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd
1987 – DP&L Employees FCU added first select employees group (SEG) to serve Meadowview Regional Hospital in Maysville, KY
1988 – Manchester office moved to Aberdeen, OH
1990 – DP&L Employees FCU merged Clark County Employees CU into DP&L Employees FCU. Along with the merger, DP&L Employees FCU acquired another branch in Springfield, OH on the Children’s Home grounds.
1995 – Due to growth and membership expansion, DP&L Employees FCU changed its name to DP&L Employees Plus FCU.
1996 – The DP&L Employees Plus FCU Aberdeen Office was moved to its current location, 1100 US Highway 52.
2000 – DP&L Employees Plus FCU Springfield office moved to 2231 Olympic Drive
2001 – Vectren Energy employees became eligible to join when DPL sold their gas operation to Vectren.
2002 – DP&L Employees Plus FCU installed a drive-up ATM and kiosk outside of the Clark County courts and administration building.
2006 – DP&L Employees Plus FCU opened its second location in Springfield at 1345 Lagonda Ave for a total of four locations.
May 1, 2006 – DP&L Employees Plus FCU received the honor of a community credit union charter. This designation greatly increased eligibility for membership. At the same time, DP&L Employees Plus FCU changed its name to Incenta Federal Credit Union and the charter was extended to anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school, or volunteers, in the counties of Montgomery, Greene, Clark, Miami, Brown and Adams in Ohio, and the city of Maysville, KY.
2010 – Incenta FCU purchased a building in Englewood, a northern suburb of Dayton, and began renovations for its new branch and corporate offices.
2011 – Incenta FCU moved its corporate offices to 175 West Wenger Road, Englewood, OH.
2012 – Opening of Dayton Office.
2012 – Opening of Beavercreek Office upon merger with St. Luke Parish Credit Union.Return to Top